When you work at PlusPlus you give meaning to your time. Thanks to your dedication, farmers and agri-entrepreneurs can grow their business. This creates more employment and improves food security in areas where this is most badly needed.
Plusplus - Impact investment intern
PlusPlus (www.plusplus.org) is a startup and a social enterprise that crowdfunds loans for agricultural SMEs in developing countries. PlusPlus focuses on agricultural SMEs that have a tough time getting funding locally and have a very strong social impact potential. These SMEs contribute to lower poverty levels in the areas they work in, help strengthen food security in the countries they work in and produce food in a way that does not harm the climate. We scout SMEs through our worldwide network of deal originators.
Are you passionate about contributing to change that matters and do you have an affinity for impact investment? PlusPlus offers you a challenging internship in an inspiring and international setting with the opportunity to make a real difference in the world.
The Impact Investment intern is looking for hands-on experience and learning what investing for impact & crowdfunding is about. You are looking for an internship where you learn how an investment team works and contribute yourself by becoming part of the team. You will work on financial models, business plans and help the team with company assessments on both finance and impact of SMEs in developing countries. You are part of the investment team of PlusPlus. You don’t shy away from assisting in a wide range of operational activities typical for a start-up organization.
You are inspired by the internship and learning in our company as described above, and you recognize yourself in the following:
- Currently pursuing studies in a relevant discipline, such as finance or international business;
- Affinity with the vision and mission of PlusPlus and knowledge of recent developments in the field of corporate social responsibility and sustainable economic development;
- Knowledge of financial concepts and financial markets especially related to development finance;
- Analytical and writing skills as well as financial modelling skills;
- Service-oriented, proactive and a team player, able to support colleagues in research and analyses;
- Ability to connect and work with people from all backgrounds and cultures;
- Professional fluency in English, (fluency in French, Spanish and/or Dutch is a plus);
- IT proficiency is a plus (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, experience with Salesforce or other CRM systems);
- Experience with Low-Code automation, Microsoft Power Automate or similar tools, Data analysis, API and SQL programming is a plus.
We are currently not looking for research focused interns but primarily for interns wanting to learn what this job and environment entails.
What can you learn:
- Being part of a startup that is building its proposition and growing its business;
- Extending finance to Agri-Food Entrepreneurs in developing countries;
- Work with local colleagues in value chain analysis and business plan development to generate investment pipeline;
- Performing due diligence, write investment memos, participate in the Investment Committee, monitoring of SMEs;
- Preparing and delivering presentations on products and research outcomes for internal and external audiences.
- You will be a member of a small and professional team, and will have the opportunity to work with an innovative and dedicated network of professionals across the world;
- You will have the chance to contribute to building up PlusPlus;
- 300 euro per month reimbursement based on 36 hours/week;
- Working from home option.
- Please send your CV and motivational letter to email@example.com before 15-8-2022. For questions you can reach out to Michelle by e-mail as well.